Someone Remembers

Hello and happy Tuesday!
Tonight I have a sympathy card to share with you. I generally struggle with ideas for sympathy cards; maybe because ultimately they're so sad to give, but this one sort of came together all by itself.
The card base is a half sheet of Mellow Moss folded in half. I used Versamark with the Filigree background stamp on the card face and then mounted it on a quarter sheet of Charcoal Gray cardstock. The flower is stamped with Mellow Moss on Very Vanilla and mounted on the same charcoal gray. The verse and cross are from Everyday Blessings (Paper Trey Ink). I stamped the verse with Basic Gray on Very Vanilla, layered it on charcoal gray and stamped the cross with Basic Gray and Mellow Moss. The cross is cut out and mounted up on dimensionals. The ribbon is a combination of 7/8 inch wide Ivory organdy and 3/8 inch grey satin layered together. I wrapped both around the front of the card and hid the ends under the layered flower. One tiny pearl gives the cross a little bit of old fashioned charm. I didn't want too much bling because I didn't feel it was appropriate.

Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to check out this week's Sunday Stash Challenge and remember there's new Blog Candy this week too!



Labels: , ,