Sunday Stash Challenge 21 - Candy Lane Celebration

Hello again and thanks so much for stopping by! I'm finally getting over the cold virus that, quite literally, kept me in bed for three days straight and pretty much wiped me out the rest of the week. I didn't get much stamping done, that's for sure!
I also celebrated another of those annual candle-blowing anniversaries and my hubby gave me a new digital camera. Whoohoo!!!! This thing is the coolest! It has a "smile sensor" for heaven's sake! I guess I need to work on the camera skills now! ha!

So enough babbling. This week's challenge is kinda quirky but fun too. I actually found this photo when I was looking for the keyword "chocolate" of all things. I pity the arches of any woman crazy enough to wear these things, but they are pretty fun so I guess I can see the appeal. In any case, I used the colors and all the polka dots to inspire me for my sample card.

I started with a 5-1/4x10-1/2 piece of Pink Pirouette folded in half. I used my Fiskars Threading Water punch to add some pretty scallops to the bottom edge and then repeated that with a piece of Candy Lane striped DSP. I added a strip of Chocolate Chip inside the bottom edge so that my scallops would show off better.
I used my Spellbinders classic scalloped squares small with another piece of the designer paper and my QuickKutz nesting flowers dies to make a few layers with Chocolate Chip and Pink Pirouette. Tip: you can run your QuickKitz dies through with an embossing mat just like you do with the Spellbinders Nestabilities dies and you'll get a similar embossed edge. I did that with the top two scalloped circles. The flower is stamped a couple times on Very Vanilla in both Chocolate Chip and Ruby Red, cut out and layered. A little brad in the center of the smallest center flower brings the Chocolate to the top again. I sponged the edges of the striped DSP and the Pink Pirouette scalloped circle just so the edges didn't get lost. I adhered all my DSP layers together and stitched them a little bit with my sewing machine but unfortunately, my sewing machine was giving me fits so it didn't turn out quite as I'd hoped.
(drat!)
The ribbon is from Archiver's from their Yours Truly collection. Gorgeous right? I tucked the ends behind the largest DSP layer before I glued that down and then added the remaining scallop circle and flower layers. The sentiment is stamped with Chocolate Chip on Very Vanilla, punched with my 1-1/4 inch circle scallop punch and layered on another QuickKutz scallop circle. Finally, to finish everything off and to keep all the dots going, I added several pearls.

Stamps: True Friend, On Your Birthday Paper: Pink Pirouette, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, Candy Lane DSP Ink: Chocolate Chip, Ruby Red Accessories: QuickKutz Nesting Flowers dies, Spellbinders Classic Scalloped Squares Small, Recollections Pearl stickers, Imaginisce Petite Pearls brad, Fiskars Threading Water edge punch, 1-1/4 circle scallop punch (EK Success), sponge, Chocolate Chip marker, dimensionals, sewing machine

So, now it's your turn and to offer you a little incentive to play along (Details on how to do that are below) I have some new Blog Candy this week! This is a snappy black, white and red stationary purse set that is filled with 8 square (4-3/4 inch) notes! There's a ribbon loop for a pen and a little pocket for stamps too! It's your's if I draw your name at the end of the challenge!
If you're looking for a gift for a friend or even if you want to use the notes yourself-it's a nice set.


Here's how you play along: Just upload a project using this week's photo as inspiration to your online blog or gallery. Then leave a link to your project in the Mr. Linky dialog box at the bottom of this post. If you're linking to a blog, please be sure to link directly to the specific post where we can view your project, and not just to your blog. That way everyone who wants to look can get straight to your card. If you upload to online galleries, please also use tag/keyword SUSC21.
Deadline:Entries should be in by 8PM CT on Sunday, August, 15th.

Thanks for playing!&a


Labels: , , , , , , , ,