Sunday Stash Challenge #10 - A Little Lilac Monet for Twyla

Good afternoon & Welcome Back for Sunday Stash Challenge #10!
I hope everyone is enjoying a wonderful Mother's Day. We just returned from brunch at Granite City and later we're heading off to see the new Star Trek movie. After that, I'll probably spend the afternoon in my stamp room playing.

Since I have a few things planned for the rest of the day, and because I'm hoping that all of you are getting some play time in you'll be able to run with this week's challenge.

Yesterday, my best friend Twyla came over and we did a little cruising on Splitcoast before we hit a local stamp store, did a little damage there, and then came home to stamp. I LOVE days like that! Anyway, Twyla and I both love Monet so when I asked her what I should use for inspiration for this week's challenge she found this photo for me. It's her favorite Monet painting, and I have to admit I love it too. The painting is actually of purple irises, but for my card I picked another of Twyla's favorites - lilacs - and a little punch she bought yesterday to create something really special. So, I guess you could say that this week's challenge is all about Twyla. She's the best friend you could ever ask for, so I hope I did her justice with my sample.

I know, another Blossoms Abound card right? More lilacs... Well, it seemed fitting that I post both of the card's I've done with this set lately so you get a double header today!
For this one, I actually started with the stamped/embellished image and then built the card around that. More on how I did the flowers in a minute. The card itself is 6 x 12 piece of Lavendar textured cardstock from the American Crafts pastels pack folded in half. On that I layered a piece of Very Vanilla that I punched with the Scallop Lace punch from Martha Stewart. I added a piece of designer paper from, believe it or not, the Holiday Treasures pack (the color was right and the design fit my sentiment label!) and to break up the green a bit I added a strip of the lavendar cardstock and some cool olive green corduroy ribbon from the Making Memories Passport collection. The Happy Birthday sentiment and the little frame are both stamped with Lavender Lace on Very Vanilla. I cut that out layered it on a piece of Lavender Lace cs and cut it out again. Finally I mounted it on a scalloped oval to bring that green back into the picture.
So what about the flowers you ask? Look closely...yes, all those little blossoms are punched flowers. That's the punch Twyla bought and it's from Punch Bunch. I used two colors of cardstock, Lavender Lace and the Lavender textured and just started punching out flowers. LOTS of little flowers in 3 different sizes. Once I had my flowers ready, I stamped just the first part of the 2-step lilac image plus the leaves on a piece of Very Vanilla. I layered it on Old Olive and Lavender Lace and then went to work creating the 3D lilac bloom.
Here's a closeup.
It's a little fuzzy due to some really cruddy camera skills, but you get the idea. If you click on the full card photo above you can get a closer view of the whole thing. Yes, it took some time. Yes, it's putzy as all get out, but we'll call it a labor of love and leave it at that. There are three layers of flowers in all and I finished the top layer off with a white glaze pen and added centers to each one.
The rest is mostly assembly. I mounted the lilac panel up on dimensionals, added the sentiment piece I prepared earlier, stamped the My Friend sentiment along the edge of the card and added a few pearls for some old fashioned glamour.
Stamps: Blossoms Abound, Frames with a Flourish, Birthdays Count Paper: Lavender textured cs (American Crafts), Lavender Lace, Old Olive, Very Vanilla, Holiday Treasures DSP Ink: Lavender Lace, Old Olive Accessories: corner flower punch (Punch Bunch), lace scallop punch (Martha Stewart), jumbo scallop oval (Marvy), pearls (Crystal Stickers), ribbon (Making Memories-Passport collection), dimensionals, white glaze pen
So, now it's your turn to play along! I know Monet can guide you to some great creations!

How do I play along?: Just upload a project using this week's photo as inspiration to your online blog or gallery. Then leave a link to your project in the Mr. Linky form at the bottom of this post. If you're linking to a blog, please be sure to link directly to the specific post where we can view your project, and not just to your blog. That way everyone who wants to look can get straight to your card. If you upload to online galleries, please also use tag/keyword SUSC10.

Deadline: The Mr. Linky form will close at 8PM CT on Sunday, May 17th, so all entries need to be in before then.
Sunday Stash Challenge Participants

1. Alvina Cook

2. Lynn Peterson

Learn more about Sunday Stash Challenge here.
Get The Code

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.




The Mr.Linky dialog is now closed. If you're playing along after the deadline, please include the link to your card in a comment. Thanks for playing!



Labels: , , ,