Monday Medley #26 - Patterned Pines

 Hello and happy almost New Year!!

I know I am quite a bit later posting today than usual, and I didn't post at all last week, but I've been basking (just a little bit) in the idea of being on vacation and haven't been nearly as industrious as usual. Hopefully this little hiatus has given you some extra time to get your name in the drawing for one of 4 spots in my Card of the Month Club but if not, hop on over to the entry post and toss your hat in the ring! By all means, tell your friends too!
This week I have a trio of cards to share with you that I hope will breathe a little new life into a set that hasn't seen the light of day in a while. Granted, it's retired from the Stampin' Up! lineup, but it does have a fair bit of potential for winter cards now that we are past the Christmas holiday.
By the way, I hope you all had a glorious Christmas! We're actually not quite done celebrating yet but that's okay too as my tree is really too pretty to pull down just yet. *smiles*

So, on to this week's featured set - Patterned Pines

 First off, you'll notice that I stuck with a single trio of colors for all three cards but ended up with a nice variety of card types.

My first card is a birthday card and as you can see, I turned those trees upside down to make a birthday pennant. Perfect for those January birthdays!

Second, I let the trees stand on their own in Certainly Celery and then layered a pair of popped up trees over the top in Melon Mambo and Cool Caribbean. Some bling, a scallop lace edge, and a pretty bow finish of this thank you card. Just in time too...I have several thank you's to send out!
 Finally, I used that pretty snowflake in each of the three colors along with some coordinating ribbon and gems for another quick and easy thank you card. This could easily be a birthday card too just by swapping out the sentiment.

Thanks for swinging by! I hope you all have a safe and happy New Year!


Here's what I used this week:

S: Patterned Pines, Close to My Heart: Thank You and Card Chatter Birthday, Paper Smooches: Simply Said
P: Certainly Celery, Soft Sky, White, Bazzill: Geranium
I: Cool Caribbean, Certainly Celery, Melon Mambo
A: Scallop Lace edge punch, ribbon, gems, foam dimensionals, Divine Swirls embossing folder, Cottage Style embossing folder, 1/2 inch corner rounder


Don't forget to put your name in the drawing for a shot at my 2014 Card of the Month club! Click HERE to zip on over to the entry post. Good luck!!


Labels: , , , , , , , ,