Happiness is a little glittery...

Good morning!
I hope you had a wonderful weekend. Mine was full of stamp projects, Valentines that you'll see coming up here, a little blog surfing and some quiet time spent reading and curled up on the couch watching old movies. Just the sort of weekend I needed actually!

My blog surfing yielded a challenge from Stampendous that I thought I would try my hand at. I don't do nearly as many challenges as I would like but this one sounded fun, and with the added proviso that there was to be glitter and bling, well...really. How could I pass that up?!
So, here we go:

My card base is a 5-1/4 x 10-1/2 inch piece of More Mustard folded in half. I layered a 5 inch square of My Minds Eye Hattie's Papers over the face then layered another smaller piece of coordinating paper with a piece of Not Quite Navy cardstock and adhered that in place.
My stamped panel uses a Stampendous set called Scripty Stems. I stamped both of the flowers from that set in More Mustard and Not Quite Navy ink on a panel of Neenah Baronial Ivory cardstock then added the "happiness" sentiment in Not Quite Navy as well. This stamped panel is layered on Not Quite Navy and is mounted to the card with foam dimensionals, but first, I punched a hole in all four corners plus a couple extra along the bottom right edge and added mini brads (Pink Hedgehog) in a matching blue.
Next, I used a 2 way glue pen to stipple glue dots all over the Not Quite Navy blossoms and then sprinkled it with Dazzling Diamonds ultra fine glitter.
The ribbon was tied around the panel just before I adhered it to the card.

Happiness...close up!
Here's a detail shot that shows the glitter a little better.

Thanks for stopping in!
Have a fabulous day and don't forget to leave a little blog love for the 2012 Card of the Month club drawing! Click here to review the post that talks about it and enter to win!

S: Stampendous: Scripty Stems
P: More Mustard, Not Quite Navy, Neenah Baronial Ivory, My Minds Eye Hattie's Papers DP
I: More Mustard, Not Quite Navy
A: 2 way glue pen, Dazzling Diamonds ultra fine glitter, 1/16 inch hole punch, brads (Pink hedgehog), ribbon, foam dimensionals

Labels: , , ,