World Traveler Birthday

Happy Friday! Today's a vacation day for me, praise the Lord so my post is a little later today. You'll have to forgive me. I'm still waiting for the coffee to brew...

Today I have a little more masculine birthday card to share with you. I have several men's birthdays coming up so I figured I'd better get on the ball and start making the cards.

This one starts with a 5-1/4 x 10-1/2 inch piece of Chocolate Chip cardstock folded. The bottom corners were rounded as were the coinciding corners of the River Rock panel that came next. The River Rock panel was stamped with a variety of images from Unity stamps in Basic Brown, Dusty Durango and Old Olive ink. A smaller square of River Rock was stamped with Unity's Everlasting Romance corner stmap, sponged with Basic Brown and given the corner rounder treatment on two corners.
Next came the felt ribbon which I overlapped and secured with a brass brad to eliminate the rather hefty knot I would have had if I had tied it.
To give the square a little color, I added a narrow strip of Dusty Durango along the left side that I stamped with a small filigree image in Dusty Durango ink, clipped the ends on, sponged and added a couple small gold gems. 
The stamped square was mounted to the card with dimensionals and then trimmed with a stamped, sponged and punched star plus a plain punched Old Olive star. These were secured with another brass brad and adhered to the card over the stamped Dusty Durango Strip and the sentiment tag which was stamped on a scrap of the same piece the top star was punched out of using Old Olive ink. It's layered on Old Olive and tucked just under the edge of the Dusty Durango strip.

Have a great weekend everyone! I hope to see you back here on Monday!


Pin It

 
S: Unity: Carte Postale, Everlasting Romance, CTMH: Say it in Style, Playful Petals, Card Chatter Birthday
O: Chocolate Chip, River Rock,Old Olive, Neenah Baronial Ivory, Dusty Durango
I: Dusty Durango, Basic Brown, Old Olive
A: brass brads, felt ribbon, Crystal Stickers gems, sponge, corner rounder, star punch

Labels: , , ,