Swirls, Pearls & Butterflys

Good morning!
I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday!
I have to say I had a great time with my mom here for a couple of days plus a little girl time with my mom and sister Brenda, some stamping time and lots of extra sleep! Really, it doesn't get much better than that!

So, today we're back to reality, a 4:15 am wake up call and a full day at work... Hmmm, maybe if I just rolled over...

Yeah, well enough of that.
This morning I have another butterfly card to share that is suitable for either wedding or birthday.
The card base is a 5 x 10 piece of Neenah Baronial Ivory scored for a gatefold card and layered on River Rock. The front panels are layered with designer paper from the Brocade Background assortment and I dressed up a few of the swirls with some Kaiser half pearls.
The main panel is a square of River Rock layered with another pattern from the Brocade Background assortment and tied with a bit of ivory organdy ribbon. Two-thirds of this square is adhered to the left card flap with the remainder left free.
The butterfly is done in two layers: One of Neenah Baronial Ivory and the other from one of the designer papers. I chose a darker pattern for that so that it would show up behind the ivory. Both butterflies were cut using the Wonderful Wings Sizzlet dies, glued together along the body and adhered to the card with glue dots so the wings could be bent upward slightly. Finally, I stamped the sentiment with Chocolate Chip on a small piece of ivory , punched it with the medium oval punch and layered on a scalloped oval of Chocolate Chip. A trio of pearls dress up the butterfly body.


Thanks for stopping in! Enjoy your day!


Toni


S: Short and Sweet
P: River Rock, Neenah Baronial Ivory, Chocolate Chip, Brocade Background DSP
I: Chocolate Chip
A: Wonderful Wings Sizzlet dies, oval punch, oval scallop punch, ribbon, Kaiser half pearls.

Labels: , , , ,