Lilac Abundance

 TGIF!
Anyone else ready for the weekend? It's been another crazy busy week so I'm ready for my Saturday morning sleep in.

Today I have something a little extra special to share with you.
My best friend Twyla (who never ceases to remind me that she's 3 weeks younger than me) had her birthday in August and her favorite flower is the lilac. A couple of years ago I made her a card with lilacs using this same stamp set and she loved it. Since then, she's moved into her first house and her bedroom is done in lavenders, plums and greens. She'd asked me a few months back if I would do something for her to hang on the wall so I tucked it away as a birthday idea. Pretty darned clever huh? *smiles*

So, today I'm sharing the gift I made for her.
I started with a panel of Neenah Baronial Ivory cut to fit the frame I'd found.  I stamped the flowers and leaves using Perfect Plum, Certainly Celery and Old Olive and then stamped duplicates of the leaves on another piece of ivory to be cut out and mounted separately.

The real fun for this project is in the layered flowers. The detail shot gives you a better look at all of the layers of flowers. Suffice it to say...there's a LOT! I punched out literally hundreds of tiny flowers using a Punch A Bunch corner flower punch and an assortment of lavenders and purple cardstock scraps. Every one is glued on one by one in multiple layers. Fun huh? Actually, it took me about 2 hours to glue them all into place but since she's the best friend ever, I figure she's worth the effort! LOL!

Anyway, once I had all the flowers stamped I added the "My Friend" on the bottom in Perfect Plum and then used foam dimensionals to adhere the hand-trimmed leaves above the blossoms. Essentially, I just added the same leaf above the ones I'd stamped directly on the cardstock.
Next, I tied an organdy ribbon bow, heated it with my heat tool to melt it and wrinkle it up a bit and then added the pearl brad where the knot was. Finally, before I added the bow and brad, I sponged Kiwi Kiss over the entire face of the piece then misted everything with both Pearl and Aztec Gold glimmer mist for an antiqued, shimmery look. The photo really doesn't do it justice!

Love you lots Twyla! I hope your birthday was as wonderful as you are.


S: Blossoms Abound, Heartfelt
P: Neenah Baronial Ivory, Assorted scraps of lavenders and plums. 
I: Old Olive, Certainly Celery, Kiwi Kiss, Perfect Plum
A: Punch A Bunch corner flower punch, organdy ribbon, pearl brad, heat tool, sponge, dimensionals, white glue, photo frame.

Toni



Labels: , , , , ,