Happy Birthday Mom!

Good morning!
Yesterday was my mother's birthday. She turned 84 and, I swear to you, she doesn't look a day over 70. She's quite simply, the most amazing woman and I love her dearly. Unfortunately, I don't get to see her very often so I do my best to make it up to her with regular written notes, and extra special cards. This year, I went with a very traditional, old-fashioned looking card that I'm fairly certain she will like. I also made her a little notepad trio for her gift. Truthfully that felt a bit stingy considering I made her 50 different Christmas cards last year!

Today's card is the one I made for her.
The card base is a 5-1/4 inch x 10-1/2 inch piece of Certainly Celery cardstock that is layered with a 5 inch square of Rose Red and three coordinating patchwork pieces of Springtime Vintage DSP. Everything was sponged with Soft Suede ink and/or distressed prior to adhering to the card. The sentiment and rose are both stamped with Memento Rich Cocoa ink on Neenah Baronial Ivory, sponged with Soft Suede, distressed and layered on Soft Suede. I colored the rose with Copics (B00, B91 and B97) mounted the rose directly to the card, used dimensionals to mount the sentiment and finished to whole thing off with some organdy and satin ribbon.

Thanks for stopping by!
 
S: Kind & Caring Thoughts, 5th Avenue Floral
P: Certainly Celery, Rose Red, Soft Suede, Neenah Baronial Ivory
I: Memento Rich Cocoa, Soft Suede
A: Distressing tool, sponge, ribbon
Copics: B00, B91, B97

Toni

Labels: , , , ,