Star Studded Birthday

Happy Friday! So, so glad it's the weekend, I can't begin to tell you!
Yesterday was Joshua's birthday. 19 years young and away from home on his birthday for the first time. We dutifully sent him a cookie care package earlier this week along with best wishes and a round of "good luck" for his final exams coming up next week. After that, he'll be home for good and we'll take care of the belated birthday celebration.
Today I wanted to share the card I made for him though. Now that my boys are getting older it's becoming more of a challenge to come up with designs that fit their age and personality. I still want them to be little boys so I can pull out my cute kids stamps!
Alas, those days are gone. For this I started with a 5-1/4 x 10-1/2 piece of Bazzill Juneberry cardstock folded in half. I cut 4 pieces of designer paper from the DCWV The Guys Stack and lined them up along the left edge adding a few staples here and there. Next, I layered a couple pieces of ribbon along the edge of the DP pieces and horizontally across the center of the card and added a star brad where they intersected. The vellum sentiment is layered on a piece of designer paper and then again on Certainly Celery. A little leftover ribbon and another star brad top it off. Finally, the star and birthday sentiment are stamped with Not Quite Navy and Cherry Cobbler, punched and layered on a circle of Bayou Blue.
Thanks for popping in today! Enjoy your weekend!

S: Starring You
P: Bazzill Juneberry, Neenah Baronial Ivory, Certainly Celery, Bayou Blue, DCWV The Guy stack
I: Not Quite Navy, Cherry Cobbler
A: Star brads, ribbon, staples, foam dimensionals, Craft Essentials: Vellum Birthday, 1-1/8, 1-1/2 and 1-3/4 inch circle punches

Labels: , , ,