A Blue Butterfly for Lydia


Happy Memorial Day!
I hope that you're enjoying time with family and friends this holiday weekend. So far, I've had two days with my in-laws and today we're off to see my mother and a few of my siblings who we don't get to see very often. Good times ahead!
Anyway, since I am supposed to be enjoying my family, I'm going to keep this short.
This is the card that I made for my young friend Lydia for her birthday. She has a love of anything blue so I made that my starting point. The card base is a 6 x 12 piece of Bazzill Pool cardstock layered with a panel of Springtime Vintage DSP. I layered together a smaller panel of Always Artichoke and another of the Springtime Vintage prints and rounded one corner of each before stitching them to the larger DSP panel. They are adhered to the card after stitching so that the card itself is smooth inside. Next I used a thin strip of Sticky Strip across the middle to adhere the crocheted trim to and then stamped the sentiment onto a small piece of Baronial Ivory. The sentiment was punched with the small oval punch and layered on an Always Artichoke medium oval and adhered to the card with foam dimensionals. Finally, I glued a small square of DSP to the back of the metal frame and then used dimensionals to mount it to the card. The butterfly came last and was stamped with Bayou Blue and hand trimmed. A trio of pearls for the butterfly body wrap things up.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday!

S: Great Friend
P: Bazzill: Pool, Always Artichoke, Neenah Baronial Ivory, Springtime Vintage DSP
I: Bayou Blue
A: Marcella K Metal Frame, Kaiser half pearls, Making Memories crocheted trim, foam dimensionals, small and medium oval punches, sticky strip

Labels: , , ,