Dark Tropic Thinking of You

Good morning!
Isn't this a striking color combo? I thought I would start your day off with something bold and bodacious so here we go!

The card base is a half sheet of Cherry Cobbler layered with a strip of So Saffron, a Basic Black Scalloped Circle and a strip of American Crafts decorative paper. The So Saffron strip is embossed with Provo Craft's Floral Fantasy embossing folder and the scalloped circle was cut with Spellbinders Classic Scalloped Circles dies. I adhered all the background pieces in place and then tied the ribbon around the middle. The sentiment was stamped next in Craft White on the black scallop circle and finally, the scallop flower is stamped with Cherry Cobbler on two pieces of Neenah Solar White and punched with the scallop circle punch. I inserted the brad in the middle to hold the two pieces together, snipped each of the petals on both layers and then fluffed them a little with my fingers. I used a glue dot to hold it in place.

Thanks for stopping in! Have a great day!

S: Petal Pizzaz, Silhouette Sentiments
P: Cherry Cobbler, Basic Black, Neenah Solar White, So Saffron, American Crafts designer paper
I: Craft White
A: Spellbinders Classic Scalloped circles, scallop circle punch, corduroy brad, ribbon, glue dot


Labels: , , ,