Sweetest Friend

Good morning!
Well, it's Wednesday already but our weather this week has been fabulous. Our temps finally climbed up over 30 degrees over the weekend and we've been watching snow melt - rapidly - for several days now. Yay! I even saw actual grass this afternoon!

Anyway, in celebration of our little taste of warmer weather, I thought I'd share a card I did a few weeks back using the faux silk technique. I tried this technique with another stamp and white tissue paper, but I wondered what it would look like with white mulberry paper since it already has those silky threads in it. The result? Pretty much the same sort of look. Either way you really need to pick strong colors for your coloring or it won't show up very well. I thought this one was pretty though.
The card base is a half sheet of Blush Blossom that is layered on a square of Old Olive. The face of the card is layered with several pieces of K & Company designer paper from the McKenna collection. The ivory pieces are all Neenah Baronial Ivory and the floral stamp is from Scented Garden (now retired). I added a touch of bling in a couple of places for sparkle and layered the faux silk piece on Old Olive and Blush Blossom.
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you have a great day!

S: Scented Garden, Fiskars Squarely Sentimental
P: Blush Blossom, Old Olive, Neenah Baronial Ivory, K & Company McKenna DP, White mulberry
I: Memento Tuxedo Black
A: Recollections gems, ribbon, Fiskars Threading Water edge  punch, small and medium oval punches, scallop oval punch, glue stick, dimensionals
Copics: R32, R35, G99, YG25, YG63

Labels: , , , , ,