Safron Vogue

Good morning!
Mom went home yesterday so things are settling in a bit here. Josh is off to work today too so I'm home alone. Can you say RELAXATION???? I may even be able to squeeze in some stamping time! Yay!

This card is one I did a month or so ago at the little weekend retreat I went to with some friends.
The card base is a 4.75 x 9.5 piece of Neenah Baronial Ivory that's layered on Sahara Sand (5 inch square) and then on Always Artichoke (5.25 inch square)
I layered a trio of Le Jardin DSP pieces over the face along with another piece of Always Artichoke and then added some paper piercing along the edges and corners. The flower in the center is from Vintage Vogue and is stamped with So Saffron on Neenah Baronial Ivory and then hand trimmed. I stamped the leaves and branches with Always Artichoke on another piece of the same ivory and then used the Spellbinders Labels 3 to cut it out. The middle Always Artichoke layer is hand trimmed and the Sahara Sand layer is cut with the next size up die. Once I had the pieces for the medallion cut, I hand stitched with wax thread in two of the open corners and along the bottom edge and then I adhered the three middle panel layers together and adhered them to the card.  The flower is popped up on dimensionals and I added a half pearl to the center. The sentiment is done pretty much the same way as the center leaf/branch panel minus the Spellbinders die and I popped that up on dimensionals too. Finally, I finished the whole thing off with a few more pearls.

Thanks for stopping in today. Catch you later!

S: Vintage Vogue, Stampendous Orchid Greetings
P: Always Artichoke, Sahara Sand, Neenah Baronial Ivory, Le Jardin DSP
I: Always Artichoke, So Saffron
A: Spellbinders Labels 3, Kaiser half pearls, wax thread, paper piercer, mat stack, foam dimensionals

Labels: , ,