Happy Houswarming Gretchen & Jeff

 Hello and I suppose I should add, Happy Halloween! Actually, all things considered, it's turning out to be a pretty decent day, so I won't complain.
Today I have the card that I made for my friend Gretchen and her husband Jeff for their housewarming party, which was yesterday. Their house is beautiful and the party was fun. A few of us at work went in on a Maple tree for their back yard because they live in one of those developments where the houses sprouted up like trees, but the trees themselves were sacrificed for it. Anyway, Gretchen is really into tree stamps lately too so I thought this was a perfect theme for their card from me. I also set it up so that it was less-happy housewarming, and more suitable for framing if she wants to do that.
The card base is a 5-7/8 x 11-3/4 piece of Bazzill Leapfrog folded in half. Over that, I layered a square and three different width strips of designer paper from the Haiku paper series. The tree is from Season of Friendship and is stamped with Soft Suede on Neenah Baronial Ivory cardstock then layered on Kraft cardstock. Note, I sponged the edge of the ivory tree piece liberally before layering it. The leaves are stamped in Kiwi Kiss, Pumpkin Pie, Soft Suede and Crushed Curry. The edges are sponged with Soft Suede, Pumpkin Pie and Kiwi Kiss and the background is sponged with Crushed Curry. I wanted to give it a sunny Autumn day kind of look and the sponging seemed to achieve that. The little bird is stamped with Ridinghood Red, hand trimmed and popped up on a dimensional. Next, I punched two strips of More Mustard using the Scallop Trim border punch and added those to each side of the layered tree piece along with a couple thin strips of Kraft and the Bazzill Leapfrog in the top right and bottom left corners.  Before adhering it to the card, I pierced a few holes in the opposing corners. Next came the tag which is stamped with Ridinghood Red, sponged like the tree piece minus the Kiwi Kiss, and layered on a small piece of designer paper that I punched the bottom edge of, and a final layer of Kraft that I hand trimmed to match the scallop edge along the bottom. I adhered the tag to the card at an angle and then added the ribbon and a fairly loopy bow. The trio of buttons in the bottom left corner are hand tied with waxed string, and mounted to the card with glue dots.

Here's a detail shot that shows that little red bird off a little better.
Thanks for stopping in! I hope you enjoy the rest of your day!

S: Season of Friendship
P: Bazzill Leapfrog, More Mustard, Kraft, Neenah Baronial Ivory, Haiku DSP
I: Ridinghood Red, Pumpkin Pie, Kiwi Kiss, Crushed Curry, Soft Suede
A; Sponges, Scallop Trim border punch. Paper Piercer and mat stack, gold 3/8˝ organdy ribbon, dimensional, waxed thread, buttons


Labels: , , ,