A Sacrison Trifold Christmas

Hello!
Wow, has this been a crazy week! I feel like I've been travelling at warp speed all week and am not at all sure I've actually gone anywhere. Maybe it's the holidays but this month is whipping right by me. Next week I am off work for vacation and am really looking forward to it. I'm driving to Fargo to get my mom on Monday and then she will be here all week. I see a lot of jigsaw puzzles in my future! whoohoo!


Tonight I have another Christmas card to show you. In fact, this is the card I sent out to everyone this year. Can we say labor-intensive? i know at least two people who can attest to the amount of time and effort that went into these because they were here stamping with me the day that I made them. All 80 of them! Whew!
The photo that I have here of the front, really doesn't depict how it works very well, but the reindeer is actually mounted on the back side of the middle panel on the Certainly Celery circle that I punched out of the front right panel. Confused?

The photo of the card unfolded helps I think.
See the hole on the right side? The reindeer is mounted on the back of the middle panel. The right and left panels are each mounted on a piece of Certainly Celery and Chocolate Chip respectively. I did this because the Ruby Red card was cut 12 x 6 inches and folded into equal thirds. The extra layer bumps the size of the card to 4-1/4 x 6-1/4. I don't like it when a card doesn't fit the envelope properly so I had to do something about it.
I pretty much stuck to a single stamp set for this one, except for the verse and sentiment and I parted with almost all of that gorgeous stripe from the Holiday Memories DSP pack. I also earned a blister putting all those adhesive gems on. At roughly 5 gems per card on 80 cards...you can do the math. That's a lot of bling!
You can see why I was so happy to finish them. 
I won't go into all the details because we'd be here all night, but here's a short rundown of the parts and pieces.
Merry Christmas everyone!
STAMPS: Winter Post, Christmas Greetings  PAPER; Ruby Red, Chocolate Chip, Certainly Celery, Very Vanilla, Holiday Memories DSP  INK: Certainly Celery, Ruby Red, Chocolate Chip  ACCESS: 1-1/2 in punch, 2-1/2 and 3-1/2 inch oval scallop punches (Marvy), gemstones (Crystal Stickers), dimensionals

Labels: , ,