Let It Snow! Magic Box

Merry Christmas Eve! Tonight we'll be having a Christmas Eve dinner with my mom - I'm using her Lasagne recipe - so we'll see if I do it justice! After that we generally open a few presents and watch a holiday movie of some sort. I generally vote for Miracle on 34th Street but there's also any of the Santa Clauses or A Christmas Story or White Christmas... What can I say, I like Christmas movies!  Well, anyway, before all that fun begins, here's one more of those Magic Boxes that are so fun to make and give. This one is a little different though; I swapped out the flowers for snowflakes!
This is another of the larger-sized boxes so there are eight snowflake bunches inside and, thanks to some glitter paper, they really sparkle! I used a couple of different snowflake punches/dies to create them plus some silver metallic snowflake sequins that I had in my stash. Everything is held together with gemstone brads.
The box base uses some Apple Green cardstock from Archivers and I layered Pacific Point and Bashful Blue over that to coordinate with the winter scene designer paper. The designer paper is from a ProvoCraft holiday paper pad I found at Michael's. I thought it was kinda cool how that winter scene worked so well around the outside of the box. Clever huh? 
STAMPS/INK: none  PAPER: Apple Green (Archivers), Pacific Point, Bashful Blue, ProvoCraft Holiday assortment, White and Blue glitter paper (Target) ACCESSORIES: Martha Stewart lace tags, Sizzix Snowflake die, silver metallic sequin snowflakes, gemstone brads, EK Success snowflake punch, heavy wt. acetate
Happy Christmas Eve everyone! Santa's coming!!!!!




Labels: , , , , , , ,