Carol's Poinsettia Christmas

Hi there! I finally managed to catch up on getting watermarks added to my card photos, so I can get them posted here. This month is going by so quickly and I know that the next couple of weeks will be really busy so I wanted to get ahead just a little. Today I have the card that I made for one of the ladies that my hubby works with. Considering what a card he is, I figured she deserved something special for putting up with him! It turned out pretty well all in all though I don't think I like the ribbon as much as I'd hoped. Ordinarily I would have backtracked and replaced it but I already had the flowers down and I didn't want to mangle it pulling it all apart. In any case, I'm told she loved it so maybe it didn't matter all that much what I thought! The card itself is a light moss green textured cs that I bought at Archivers cut 5-1/4 x 10-1/2. I layered three coordinating pieces of designer paper from a K & Company assortment (McKenna) that I had along with a edge-punched strip of Very Vanilla. I used my EK Success Fleur de Lis border punch for that. Next came the ribbon and then the Spellbinders Labels Four piece. You see now why pulling the ribbon off would have been a challenge. The flower and leaves are actually the Poinsettia from Poinsettia Greetings stamped three times with Basic Grey and once with Old Olive on Very Vanilla. I used a water pen and inkpads (Regal Rose, Baroque Burgandy, Crushed Curry and Old Olive) to color all of them in and then cut each one out. The three flower pieces are cut in graduated sizes, coated liberally with glue and glittered. I glittered the flower centers with a bright yellow gold glitter and I used dimensionals to pop each layer up just a little bit then set them in place with a really sticky glue dot. The curling that you see actually came about  by accident. I'm lousy at watercoloring so, of course, I use too much water and when they dried the paper curled all on it's own. Hmmm, maybe I planned it that way after all. Yeah. That's it! The tag is stamped with Baroque Burgandy on Very Vanilla and then layered on Baroque Burgandy and Chocolate Chip. Finally, I added a couple of pieces of the same designer paper and a square (punched along the bottom edge) of Vanilla to the inside of the card along with a pop-up tree. This one is also "decorated" with little burgandy dots. LOTS of little burgandy dots! The verse is from Seasons Greetings and is stamped in Baroque Burgandy as well.
Thanks for stopping in to look!
Here's the list of supplies: STAMPS: Poinsettia Greetings, Seasons Greetings  PAPER: Light moss textured cs, K&Company McKenna DSP, Very Vanilla, Baroque Burgandy  INK: Baroque Burgandy, Regal Rose, Basic Gray, Crushed Curry, Old Olive  ACCESS: EK Success Fleur de Lis punch, ribbon, Spellbinders labels four, BigZ XL O'Christmas Tree pop-up die, 2 way glue, gold glitter

Labels: , , , ,