Navy Brocade Christmas


Good morning!
I'm a little slow posting this morning, but I have lots of stuff to post over the next several days so hopefully you'll forgive me!
My best buddy Twyla was over yesterday so we stamped a little and made some fun stuff, including a  Magic Box that has serious WOW factor. But, you'll have to wait a bit to see that... I'm keeping it as a surprise for sometime in December! Keep checking back though, I love to see new visitors!

Today I have a classy Christmas card to share with you. The colors are un-traditional, but I tend to lean that way more often than not. Not sure why exactly, but I've never been a big fan of the standard bright red and kelly green combo.
Anyway, for this one I started with a Night of Navy base layer cut 5-1/4 square. Over that I layered a 5 inch square of Stardreams silver. I cut the center out of the Stardreams layer and used the piece I removed for the bottom Nestabilities layer. More on that later. The card itself is Night of Navy (4-3/4 x 9 scored at 4-3/4 and folded) I ran the front flap through the Cuttlebug using a Sizzix embossing folder (Damask) then I tied the white satin ribbon and silver cord cover the edge to soften it up a little. The punched edge that you see is actually the bottom edge of the inside layer of the card. You can see it better in the photo of the inside below. The Nestabilities layers came next. Using the Labels One set, I chose the three largest dies and cut the three graduating pieces. The silver Stardreams layer is cut from that piece I removed from the card backing layer, the next is from Night of Navy and finally the smallest is from Whisper White. The greeting (Hero Arts Holiday Sayings) and flourish (Scrappy Cat - Joy to the World) are both stamped with Night of Navy on the top layer, and the ornament (Delightful Decorations) is stamped on a separate piece of white and punched out. Gotta love those designer punches don't you! So cool!
To finish it all off, I adhered the Stardreams silver die cut directly to the card and then mounted the next two layers (adhered together) with dimensionals. The ornament is also up on a dimensional with a bit of silver cord tied around the neck and I added several tiny little gems to the ornament and the flourish for sparkle.

Thanks again for stopping in! Hope to see you soon!

The inside of the card is finished off to match. Here's what it looks like:


STAMPS: Delightful Decorations, Hero Arts-Holiday Sayings, Scrappy Cat -Joy to the World, Craft Lounge-Merry Wishes  PAPER: Night of Navy, Whisper White, Stardreams Silver  INK: Night of Navy  ACCESSORIES: Spellbinders Labels One, Ornament Punch, Silver Cord, ribbon (Offray), EK Success Fleur de Lis punch, Crystal Stickers gems, dimensionals, Sizzix embossing folder Damask, Cuttlebug, 1-1/8 and 1-1/4 inch circle punches

Labels: , , , , , ,