Let it Snow-flake

Hello! Thanks for stopping in! I have a fun little project to share with you tonight. Tomorrow I'll be sharing this with my monthly class so if any of them are surfing tonight...well I guess I've let the cat out of the bag huh?
The majority of this project is done with die cuts and punches but there is a little stamping too. All in all, it went together pretty quickly. The first two layers are a stiff glittery felt that I bought at JoAnn Etc. I punched two large snowflakes out using the BigZ Snowflake die. Next, I punched two Pacific Point snowflakes using the Cuttlebug Ice Crystal die. The next layer is stamped on Whisper White with Pacific Point and punched with the round scallop punch. I stamped the same image again and used the Boho Blossoms punch to capture the center snowflake. I punched a second circle scallop at this point too to go with the 2nd Pacific Point snowflake for the reverse side. Sorry I didn't take a picture but basically I used the back side for a "To/From" so the ornament can be used as a gift tag before it gets hung on the tree.
At this point we're ready for assembly. I stacked all the snowflakes together and then punched a hole in the center for a jumbo brad. The small snowflake that I punched out was adhered to the brad with a glue dot and a small crystal flower gem was added to the center for a little sparkle. For the back, I stamped "to/from" in Pacific Point on the second scallop circle and adhered it over the prongs of the brad to hide them away. A little silver cord at the top of one of the felt snowflakes and it's ready for a package!

Thanks for looking!

STAMPS: So Many Scallops, "to/from" stamp PAPER: Whisper White, Pacific Point  INK: Pacific Point  ACCESSORIES: stiffened felt, Bigz Snowflake, Cuttlebug Ice Crystal die, scallop circle punch, boho blossoms punch, glue dots, 1/8 inch punch, silver cord

Labels: , , , ,