Laura's Birthday Card


Greetings! Today I have a card that I made for our son Josh's friend Laura. They've been dating for a while now, but it's anyone's guess where it will actually go. Teen love being what it is and all...
Anyway, Laura, is a truly lovely girl who you simply cannot help but like so when Josh said her birthday was coming up (it's today actually) I decided to make her a card that he could give to her. After a little sneaky questioning we found out her favorite color is turquoise so that's where the color inspiration came from.
The finished card is 5-1/4 square. The back layer is Taken with Teal layered with a 5 x 10 folded piece of Bermuda Bay. The sparkly brocade layer is from Doodlebug Design - Swimming Pool Serenade. I punched a strip of Whisper White using my EK Success Arch Lattice edge punch and after sticking it to the card I tied the ribbon (Bermuda Bay) to finish it off. Next I used my Nestabilities Labels 4 to cut and emboss a piece of Whisper White for the flower spray which is from Verve - Because of You. I sponged the edges just a tiny bit and layered it on a hand-trimmed piece of Taken with Teal. A few more assorted stamped and hand trimmed flowers are blinged up with rhinestone brads and adhesive gems and then adhered at different levels with dimensionals for the 3D look. I glittered all the flowers too so they sparkle. The sentiment (Hampton Arts Cardmakers Everyday) was stamped after I had all the flowers done and then I added the trio of gems to finish it off. Let's hope she likes it!
Happy Birthday Laura! We wish you the best!
STAMPS:  Because of You - Verve, Cardmakers Everyday-Hampton Arts PAPER: Taken with Teal, Bermuda Bay, Whisper White, Swimming Pool Serenade - Doodlebug Designs  INK: Bermuda Bay  ACCESSORIES: Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 4, rhinestone brads, Crystal Stickers gems, dimensionals

Labels: , , ,