Hey there Rudy!


Hello! As always, thanks for stopping by to visit.
Now, I know it's still pretty early for Christmas cards, but to be honest I have a definite soft spot for this time of year so I generally have far more ideas for Christmas cards than anything else right about this time. This is one that I did a couple of weekends ago just before I headed out to stamp with my pal Alvina. I had the layout idea from another card I had seen a while back and it was perfect for what I wanted to do.
The tricky part of a layout like this is figuring out how big each of your circles need to be so that they fit on a card for which you have an envelope! I wanted to stick with my usual 5-1/4 inch card so my circles needed to fit with a little room all around so I used a 1-1/2 inch circle punch for all the reindeer and then layered Rudolph on a Real Red scalloped circle. I popped him up on a dimensional too so he stands out from the others and stitched a little red bead to his nose. (The detail shot shows that a little better)
It's a little hard to see, but I also wound some gold cord around each of the circles to sort of string them all together. The names are all hand-written. Something I do not recommend doing after you've had 3 cups of coffee and no breakfast. (*smile*) Finally, the little "believe" tag is stamped with Real Red, layered on the same and tied to Rudy with a bit of gold cord. The whole works is adhered to a piece of chocolate/red/blue polka dot paper from Marcella K's Remix pack. That is then layered on a 5 x 10 piece of Real Red and then on a 5-1/4 square of Chocolate Chip.
Here's the supply list:
STAMPS: Winter Post, Expressive Flexible Phrases  PAPER: Chocolate Chip, Real Red, Very Vanilla, Marcella K Remix DP  INK: Chocolate Chip  ACCESS: 1-1/2 inch punch, Circle Scallop punch, gold cord, dimensionals, red bead, Jelly Roll Glitter pens- red &white, Chocolate Chip marker

Now, I'm off to check the TV listings for Burl Ives specials...

Labels: , ,