Happy Birthday Sandy!

Hi there!
Today is my oldest sister Sandy's birthday and since it was one of those monumental ones (60 yrs...ahem!) I figured a little something special was in order. My other sister and one of my brothers all gathered together with Sandy and their families for Thanksgiving/Birthday in North Carolina but since I couldn't be there I wanted to send her something fun and festive for the occasion. The copper container has a couple bottles of Bath and Body Works lotion and bath gel in it so she can spoil herself a little.
I made the card from two scallop circles that I found at Archiver's. They're part of their Yours Truly collection and they come in a nice variety of colors. I chose a kiwi green and tangerine and then added some Pacific Point and Very Vanilla as well. In the detail you can see better what I've done there. This is one of those split hinge cards but instead of adhering the bottom front part down to create a pocket I left it loose and used a brad (hidden under the flower) to hold it in place. That way I had more space to stamp a greeting inside and write her a little note. Also, since the tangerine/Pacific Point/Vanilla layers are split, I ran both the vanilla and tangerine pieces through my Cuttlebug using two different folders. A couple of flowers, some ribbon and those cute corduroy brads and I had a pretty snappy card.

The tag was cut with a Sizzix BigZ die (Tags) and layered up with a piece of Very Vanilla which I stamped a Kiwi Kiss frame on (Frames with a Flourish) and dressed up with a 3 layered flower of Summer Sun, Tangerine Tango and Pacific Point that I cut with another BigZ Die. A big gaudy gem fills the center of the flower and I punched a 1/2 inch hole in at the top of the tag so my extra wide ribbon would fit through. The ribbon is from the Archiver's Your's Truly collection as well. Isn't it beautiful? I have it in several colors and it's so fun to work with. For this I just wrapped a length of it around the little bucket, slipped the tag through and tied off the bow.
Here's the supply list:
STAMPS: In the Spotlight, Frames with a Flourish, Hero Arts Greetings, Punch Party  PAPER: Pacific Point, Tangerine Tango, Summer Sun, Tangerine and Kiwi scallop circles (Your's Truly) INK: Pacific Point, Kiwi Kiss, Kiwi, Azure and Tangerine markers (Tombow)  ACCESS: Cuttlebug & embossing folders, corduroy buttons, Tags BigZ Die, Flower Trio BigZ Die, 5 petal punch, corner rounder,  Curly Label punch, word window punch, kiwi/vanilla ribbon, kiwi satin ribbon (Your's Truly), adhesive gem
Happy Birthday Sis! Love you!

Labels: , , , ,