Chocolate Cherry Christmas Wishes


Hello! Thanks for stopping by today.
My class went well on Wednesday, and the snowflake ornament was a hit, so I thought I would share a little more Christmas spirit with you.
My pal Alvina loaned me her Christmas tree BigZ die a while back and I cut out a whole slew of trees in various DSPs. If you haven't seen the die or tried it, I have to tell you it's really fun and the WOW factor is definitely worth the assembly time. Actually, once you put one together it's pretty easy.
Anywhoo... this card is the first of several Christmas cards that I have ready to share over the next few weeks so stay tuned!
For this one, I started with a 5-1/4 x 10-/1/2 piece of  Real Red folded in half. Next I cut a 5 inch square of Old Olive and stamped the flower from Spotlight on Christmas in Old Olive. I layered a strip of Real Red together with two coordinating strips of Holiday Treasures DSP. I punched the edges of one of the DSP strips using the Fiskars Threading Water punch. Next, I stamped the ornament in Real Red on Whisper White, layered it on Old Olive and Chocolate Chip and then cut a slit at the top of the ornament to slip my ribbon through. I also punched two 1/8 inch holes on either side of the ornament top for the bow. The ribbon that runs vertically on the card is threaded through the slit then wrapped around the back of the stamped Old Olive square where the ends are secured. The bow at the top is tied after threading a second piece of ribbon through the two punched holes, and dimensionals pop the ornament piece up a bit. Finally, A little silver adhesive brad adds some shine to the middle of the snowflake on the ornament.

Here's the inside: Wow, right?


As always, thanks for looking!

STAMPS: Delightful Decorations, Spotlight on Christmas, Merry Wishes (Craft Lounge), Holiday (Inkadinkado)  PAPER: chocolate chip, real red, old olive, whisper white, Holiday Treasures DSP  INK: Real Red, Old Olive  ACCESSORIES: chocolate satin ribbon (Offray), Adhesive brad (Mark Richards), Fiskars Threading Water punch, Sizzix BigzZL Pop-up O' Christmas Tree die.

Labels: , , ,