Branching Out for Autumn


Hello!
Hopefully you've all survived the switch for Daylight savings again although I admit the Fall switch is usually easier for me than the Spring. It usually takes me a couple days to recover the lost hour of sleep in the Spring!

Today I have a card that looks very much like one the trees out my front window. We have a lovely yellow maple that still hasn't lost all of its leaves yet but will, I am certain, just as soon as I go out an rake what leaves are on the ground now! One of those little "thrills" that Mother Nature likes to provide us you know?

Well, anyway, my card is 5-1/4 square finished. The card itself is a 5 x 10 piece of light blue (American Crafts textured) that I layered on a 5-1/4 square of Chocolate Chip. I stitched together with my sewing machine, three different designer papers to layer up the front of the card. I edge punched one of the pieces with Threaded Wave punch from Fiskars before I stitched them and added a few red eyelets once I had the pieces all assembled. The tree is stamped with Chocolate Chip, Cranberry Crisp and Tangerine Tango on Whisper White and then I sponged over the whole thing with Bashful Blue. I layered it on a piece of Chocolate Chip and then paper pierced the corners so it didn't look so plain. The sentiment is stamped and layered in the same manner except I used the medium oval punch and the scallop oval punch. The tree is mounted flat against the card at an angle, the ribbon is tied around the middle, and the sentiment is popped up on dimensionals to finish it off.
Here's the rest of the story:  STAMPS: Branch Out, Hampton Arts Cardmakers Everyday  PAPER: Chocolate Chip, light blue (American Crafts), Daisy D's Chasing Butterflies collection, Basic Grey stripe, Whisper White  INK: Chocolate Chip, Cranberry Crisp, Tangerine Tango, Bashful Blue  ACCESSORIES: 1/8 punch, red eyelets, chocolate grosgrain ribbon, oval scallop punch, medium oval punch, paper piercer, sewing machine, dimensionals

Thanks for stopping by!

Labels: , , ,