Time Does Not Change Us


Hello! Thanks for visiting. Today I have a little fancier card to share with you. I was sifting through the reams of designer paper my friend Twyla and I have "collected" and this Brocade Background paper jumped out at me. It's been hiding away for a while and unless I live to be 200 I figured I better start using what we seem to be collecting!
My card is 5-1/4 inches square finished. The back layer is a 5-1/4 square of Elegant Eggplant. The card is 5 x 10 folded in half and is layered with an assortment of designer paper pieces. I stitched them all together and roughed up the edges a bit before I adhered them to the front of the card. The filigree piece and the verse are both stamped with Elegant Eggplant on Very Vanilla and smudged up a bit with a little Kiwi Kiss ink. I wanted everything to look like it was aged so sponging was the answer. Both pieces are layered on Always Artichoke and again on Elegant Eggplant. A little moss green organdy ribbon is tied around the upper half before I adhered these last two pieces in place. Finally, I punched the butterfly twice: once from Very Vanilla and again from the designer paper. Both are smudged up a bit with Elegant Eggplant ink. I used a glue dot to fix the two bodies together and another to fix it to the card. A trio of pearls finish it off.
STAMPS: Elegant Ornaments, Quotes to Live By  PAPER: Elegant Eggplant, Always Artichoke, Very Vanilla, Brocade Background DSP  INK: Elegant Eggplant, Kiwi Kiss  ACCESSORIES: ribbon, butterfly punch (Martha Stewart), pearls (Crystal Stickers), sponge, sewing machine, distressing tool

Thanks for stopping in! I hope you come back soon!



Labels: ,