Ruby Daisies


Hello! Thanks for stopping by! Today I have a Fall-ish sort of card to share. The design was inspired by this card by Amy Sheffer who is, quite simply, an amazing talent! I rotated one of the embossed layers, used a different border punch and tied my ribbon a little differently, but the general layout is the same.

My card base is a half sheet of Soft Suede folded. I layered that with a strip of dark coral and Mellow Moss cardstock that I ran through the Cuttlebug. The punched edge is done with the Arch Lattice punch (MS). To get the two-tone look on the daisies, I inked the image with Ruby Red and then went over the tips of the blooms with a Soft Suede marker. Next I stamped the sentiment with Soft Suede on another piece of dark coral and layered it on the lower part of a piece of Whisper White. The daisies were layered on Mellow Moss (I punched the top corners first) before I added them to the top part of the same piece. The ribbon hides where the two parts meet.

Have a great day!
STAMPS: Upsy Daisy, Thinking of You Messages (Hero Arts)  PAPER: Soft Suede, Mellow Moss, dark coral (American Crafts), Whisper White  INK: Ruby Red, Soft Suede marker  ACCESSORIES: ribbon, 1/2 inch circle punch, Arch Lattice punch (Martha Stewart), Cuttlebug, Floral Screen folder, Polka Dots folder (Quickutz)

Labels: , , , ,