Happy Happy Birthday Daisies


Hi there! Wow, here it is October already! Where in the heck did September go? I know I said that at the beginning of September too when August went missing but sheesh! Could someone please dig in their heels and slow this carnival down a bit?
Okay, enough ranting. Since Fall seems to be careening around the corner at an alarming rate, I dug out some like-minded colors for this card. I also exercised my Cuttlebug a bit for my background layers rather than pulling in designer papers. Something I have not done in a while.
The card is a 5-1/4 x 10-1/2 piece of Chocolate Chip folded in half. The background pieces are Cameo Coral, Kiwi Kiss and So Saffron and I ran each color through a different embossing folder before adhering them to the card. The eyelets are inserted after they are on the card. I used my Big Bite for that. The daisies were inked with So Saffron and then I used my Cameo Coral and Old Olive markers to color the stems and tips of the petals. The outlining is done with Chocolate Chip after I'd stamped the flowers. Both the little tag and the sentiment are from Stampendous (Birthday Messages) and are stamped with Chocolate Chip on Very Vanilla. All the stamped pieces are layered on Chocolate Chip. I tied the Kiwi/Vanilla ribbon before I adhered the daisies and sentiment with dimensionals to pop them up a bit. The tag is tied with a little bit of gold cord so it dangles.
As always, thanks for stopping in!
STAMPS: Upsy Daisy,  BirthdayMessages (Stampendous)  PAPER: Chocolate Chip, Cameo Coral, Kiwi Kiss, So Saffron, Very Vanilla  INK: Chocolate Chip, So Saffron, ACCESSORIES: Old Olive Marker, Cameo Coral Marker, Chocolate Chip Marker, Cuttlebug and folders: Floral Screen, Floral Fantasy, Quickutz folder: Polka Dots, Kiwi/Vanilla ribbon, gold cord, gold eyelets, Big Bite, dimensionals

Labels: , , , ,