East Coast Birthday


Hi there and happy Friday! Tomorrow I have a group of stamping ladies coming over to work on Christmas cards and I can't wait! My house will be a busy hive all day but it's such fun to get together like this I look forward to it every year. Tonight we're cleaning so I don't embarrass myself... lol!

Today's card is a snappy birthday card for a guy- young or old- it doesn't much matter. It was super easy to put together but that's okay right?
The card is a half sheet if Wild Wasabi. I covered about 2/3rds of it with a piece of East Coast Prep DSP and then layered up a couple other patterns in the same paper pack with a strip of Real Red. I didn't plan for the diamonds to look like party hats - they just turned out that way! How cool is that?!  I added a little tiny bit of bling to each point just to make them sparkle a little. The cake and the HB tag are both stamped with Tempting Turquoise on Whisper White and layered on Real Red. Note, I hand trimmed the tag and layered it on a designer label punch of Real Red so you'd see more of the red. A couple of wasabi green brads hold the two pieces together and a dimensional pops it up off the card a bit. Finally, I added some little gems to the candle flames too so they would look more like flames.
STAMPS: Birthday Whimsey, Party Punch  PAPER: Wild Wasabi, Real Red, Whisper White, East Coast Prep DSP  INK: Tempting Turquoise  ACCESSORIES: Designer Label Punch, brads, gems (Crystal Stickers), dimensionals
Thanks for looking! Have a great weekend!

Labels: , ,