Bashful Sahara Birthday


Hello!
Today I have a birthday card to share with you. This Delicate Dots designer paper was calling to me. I'm so glad I bought extra of this when it was available. It's so nice and fresh looking and great for lots of different types of cards.
For this card, I wanted to emphasize the Sahara Sand and the Bashful Blue more than the other colors so that's what I started with. The card is a 5 x 10 inch piece of Bashful Blue folded and layered on a 5-1/4 square of Sahara Sand. I layered two different pieces of designer paper over the face of the card next and trimmed them out with strips of White textured cs (American Crafts), Sahara Sand and Bashful Blue. The white is edge punched with the Arch Lattice punch (Martha Stewart). Don't you just love it?! The corners are decorated with sections of a Bashful Blue scallop circle. Basically, I just punched it out and then cut it into quarters. The medallion in the middle is made up of a square of textured white that I punched with my Spellbinders Nestabilities Classic Scalloped Squares Small die and also embossed. Next is a square with the corners rounded of Bashful Blue, another of Sahara Sand and one more of Whisper White punched with a square scallop punch. The flower (Polka Dot Punches) is stamped with Brocade Blue on Sahara Sand and punched out with the 5-petal punch. I used a glue dot to adhere it to the white punched square and then tipped each of the petals up a bit so it was a little more showy. The sentiment is also stamped with Brocade Blue on textured white and layered on Bashful Blue. I popped that up on dimensionals to offset the height of the flower piece. Finally, I added blue gems to the corners and along the middle band.
STAMPS: Polka Dot Punches, Birthday Messages (Hero Arts), PAPER: Sahara Sand, Bashful Blue, White textured (American Crafts), Whisper White, Delicate Dots DSP  INK: Brocade Blue ACCESSORIES: Arch Lattice Punch (Martha Stewart) 5-petal punch, gems (Crystal Stickers), Spellbinders Nestabilities Classic Scalloped Squares Small, corner rounder, round scallop punch, dimensionals, square scallop punch
Thanks for stopping by!

Labels: , , ,