Autumn Ginko Thinking of You


Hello again!
Today I have another thinking of you card to share. I was filling up my box at work and trying to stick to more masculine colors at the same time so of course I drifted toward Autumn colors. Are all men Autumns?????  Apparently in my mind they are! ha!
anyway, I used a little hardware on this one too because I have oodles of it and decided I really need to stop hoarding it and start using it. One of these days dear hubby is going to take a good look at all the stuff I have in that room downstairs and string me up! Until then...shhhhhh. : )
I pulled out a couple of complimentary designer papers for this one too and paired them up with the new Soft Suede. I really wasn't sure about that color when it first came out, but now I wish it weren't a limited time thing. I suppose I'll have to stock up when the time comes.
The card base is Sahara Sand. I layered several pieces of Dusty Durango and Always Artichoke DSP over the front and then set it aside for a bit. The ginko spray was inked up with Dusty Durango and then I went over the berries with a Soft Suede marker. This is something I've done a few times lately and I like the effect, but remember that you should only do it if the marker color you are using is DARKER than the ink color. You'll muddy up your marker if it's a lighter color than your base ink color. Anyway, the spray is stamped on Very Vanilla and layered on a slightly larger piece of Soft Suede. The ribbon is threaded through the buckle and then secured on the back of this layered piece before securing it to the card at an angle. The sentiment is stamped on Very Vanilla as well with Dusty Durango and layered on Soft Suede. I popped it up on dimensionals so the card wasn't so flat.
As always, thanks for looking!
STAMPS: Kind and Caring Thoughts  PAPER: Sahara Sand, Always Artichoke, Soft Suede, Very Vanilla, Dusty Durango and Always Artichoke DSP  INK: Dusty Durango pad, Soft Suede marker  ACCESSORIES: artichoke ribbon, Hodgepodge Hardware Copper, dimensionals

Labels: , ,