Argyle Trout


Hello! Today I have a men's birthday card for you. I realized I was really running low on masculine cards so I whipped up a few to fill in the gaps. I also re-discovered that my stamp sets that are geared toward men are pretty limited to fish, golf, trees, foliage and cars, and like a lot of stampers, coming up with something clever to do with them can be a challenge. Bling generally gets set aside in favor of hardware, ribbon, unless it's pretty generic, gives way to twine, and most of the colors that I tend to favor, are discarded in favor of browns, blues and greens. Yay right?  Thank heaven for fun designer papers! As you can see, I made the paper do all the work here right down to deciding my colors. Seriously, I pulled out the designer paper and picked my colors from that. I sure am glad Stampin Up! knows how to put colors together!
So, on to the card. This one is a standard A2- 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 folded in half. The card base is Always Artichoke that I did nothing more with than layer with other papers. No background stamping! The fish is stamped with Always Artichoke on Very Vanilla and layered on Always Artichoke and Baja Breeze. I punched three holes for the brads and then mounted the piece on dimensionals. The sentiment is stamped with Always Artichoke and I also stamped one of the little fishing lures in stamped off Baja Breeze behind it. It's layered on a Curly Label punched piece of Baja Breeze. Two circles: Sahara Sand and Baja Breeze are layered with a brad in the center and popped up on a dimensional along with the sentiment. The twine is wrapped and knotted after the circle/sentiments are down. It sort of makes it look like the card opens that way, but really the card fold is at the top.
STAMPS: Fly Fishing, Occasions Collection, PAPER: Always Artichoke, Baja Breeze, Very Vanilla, Sahara Sand, Manchester DSP INK: Always Artichoke, Baja Breeze  ACCESSORIES: Antique Brass Brads, twine, dimensionals, 1/2 and 5/8 in circle punches, Curly Label punch

Thanks for stopping in - Have a great weekend!

Labels: ,