Aquamarine Birthday

Hello! Today I have the card that I made for a friend of mine (Lynn) who celebrated her birthday yesterday. On Monday she mentioned that she was curious what the difference was between Tempting Turquoise, Taken with Teal and the new Bermuda Bay. The plan was to have her compare them when she comes over next weekend for our annual Christmas Card stamping day but on my way home, it occurred to me that I could do something with this. So...I pulled out a little of each of the three colors, unearthed ribbon and a gemstone brad and pretty soon I had the makings for a pretty card. 

The card is a 5 x 10 piece of Whisper White that I wheeled with Bermuda Bay using the Scatter Sunshine wheel. Next I layered three strips- one of each color - that I ran through three different Cuttlebug folders. I adhered those to the card front and then mounted it on a 5-1/4 square of Taken With Teal. Next came two different ribbons tied in a bow around the middle and the sentiment- stamped with Bermuda Bay on Whisper White and a little heart from Love Matters in Tempting Turquoise. This piece is layered on Bermuda Bay and mounted to the card with a couple of dimensionals to pop it up a bit. Finally, I stamped three different flowers from Ginormous Flowers in each of the three colors, coated them with glitter and fastened them together with a turquoise Circle Ice brad.
STAMPS: Scatter Sunshine wheel, Ginormous Flowers, Friendship Blooms, Love Matters  PAPER: Whisper White, Taken with Teal, Tempting Turquoise, Bermuda Bay  INK: Taken with Teal, Tempting Turquoise, Bermuda Bay  ACCESSORIES: Circle Ice brad, ribbon, dimensionals, glitter, 2 way glue, Cuttlebug and folders: Floral Screen, Divine Swirls, Stylized Flowers, 5 petal punch
Happy Birthday Lynn! I hope you had a fabulous day!

Labels: , , ,