Alvina's Parisian Birthday


Hi! Today I have a very special card to share. It's the card I made for my friend Alvina who just celebrated a milestone birthday last Saturday. I wanted to make her something special and stick as close to Stampin' Up! only products as possible. I think I did pretty well - the only faux pas is the ribbon which is from Martha Stewart.
Alvina is one of the sweetest people I know. She's my SU! demonstrator and used to be my upline back when I was demonstrating myself. I still see her and play with her as often as I can, and I hope, once in a while I share an idea or two that makes putting up with my quirks worth it to her! ha! Anyway, HAPPY BIRTHDAY Al! I hope you had a wonderful day!

The card is a whopping 6-3/8 square. It sort of had to be because I was foolish and goofed when I cut my little patchwork squares. Math is not always my friend -and that's all I'll say about that. Anyway, the card is a 6 x 12 piece of Chocolate Chip that I layered on a 6-3/8 square of Bayou Blue. The patchwork squares are all 1-3/4 square. I picked three different patterns from the Parisian Breeze Specialty DSP pack and just cut 3 of each. That gave me an assortment of patterns to arrange on the card front. I only used 8 of the 9 squares on the front of the card though - the 9th is inside with a little flower spray to help finish off the interior of the card. Sorry, I didn't think to snap a photo of that before I sealed it up to give to her. The center panel is a square of Bayou Blue layered with another pattern of DSP. I stamped the flower and leaves (Flower Fancy) on a square of Whisper White and then stamped the flowers again and cut them out for layering. The layered flower is actually two flowers mounted on their own dimensional and glittered up. I tied the ribbon around the middle prior to adhering the floral panel and finished the whole thing off with the little sentiment in the oval/scalloped oval.
I love cards like this - labors of love for special people!
Have a great week everyone! See you soon!

STAMPS: Flower Fancy, On Your Birthday  PAPER: Chocolate Chip, Bayou Blue, Whisper White, Parisian Breeze DSP  INK: Baja Breeze, Bayou Blue, Sahara Sand, Chocolate Chip  ACCESSORIES: ribbon (MS), medium oval punch, scallop oval punch, 2 way glue, dazzling diamonds glitter, dimensionals

Labels: , , , ,