Aged to Perfection


Welcome back, or just welcome if this is your first visit.  Today I have another men's birthday card to share. I did a few of these a while back and sort of let the designer paper guide me for colors and design. Most of my masculine cards are fairly straightforward and simple- mostly because I struggle with them. Not sure why that is exactly, but it may have something to do with my limited selection of masculine stamps. In any case, this card is no exception.
The card base is a half sheet of Sahara Sand folded. I pulled a trio of different patterns from the Manchester DSP pack and layered a couple of them across the middle. I punched the edge of the lower layer to give it the same triangular line as the paper. The ribbon is from an assortment that I picked up at Michael's ages ago. I think I had something like this in mind for it at the time, but I can't even begin to tell you how long I've had it! Anyway, a buckle from Hodgepodge Hardware sort of gives it a seatbelt look. Next I stamped the front part of the car and the sentiment on Very Vanilla with Always Artichoke and layered both on Always Artichoke. A couple squares cut from one of the designer papers and layered on Always Artichoke repeat the diamond pattern. The brads were a last minute addition, but I think they add just enough hardware to the card.
Thanks for stopping by!
STAMPS: Classic Convertibles, Happy Birthday (Fiskars)  PAPER: Sahara Sand, Always Artichoke, Very Vanilla, Manchester DSP  INK: Always Artichoke  ACCESSORIES: Hodgepodge Hardware, ribbon, 7/8 " square punch, Zig Zag Stitch (EK Success)

Labels: , , ,