Saffron Sympathy

Hello and thanks for stopping by!
Tonight I have a sympathy card to share with you. This is another one from the stack I did last Sunday for my box at work. I really like the Saffron for cards like this because it manages to convey serenity and cheer at the same time. The best part of this card is the sweet little crocheted flower. Thanks to my pal Twyla, I have quite a nice little stash of these now in assorted colors and sizes.
The card is a half sheet of So Saffron over which I layered a couple different pieces of designer paper from Walk in the Park. I also layered a strip of Old Olive under the Saffron strip of DSP and punched the edge with the Arch Lattice punch (Martha Stewart). A smaller strip of Old Olive is layered just under the ribbon. Next, I stamped the leaf spray from Best Blossoms and "so sorry" from Hope for Comfort in Certainly Celery on Very Vanilla and layered it on Old Olive. The crocheted flower is dressed up a bit with a little flower eyelet (Making Memories I think) and a rhinestone brad. The brad holds the finished flower to the leaf piece which is adhered to the card with dimensionals.
STAMPS: Best Blossoms, Hope for Comfort PAPER: So Saffron, Old Olive, Very Vanilla, Walk in the Park DSP  INK: Certainly Celery  ACCESSORIES: ribbon, rhinestone brad, flower eyelet, crocheted flower (Twyla), dimensionals, Martha Stewart Arch Lattice punch

Labels: , , , ,