Plum Mustard Thanks

Welcome! Today I have a card that was, at least in part, inspired by this polka dot ribbon I've had for a while. It was part of an assortment that I picked up ages ago and haven't found a use for yet. It also occurred to me that it had been a while since I used More Mustard on anything so with that in mind I paired the two up and off I went! Even better, I dug up some retired designer paper that we had - remember Pickles? Well, before I knew it I had a card in the making.
The card base is Pale Plum. I layered a strip of the Pickles designer paper along the inside bottom edge then edge punched the front bottom edge with my Fiskars Lace Embossed edge punch so you would be able to see it peeking out. Next I cut a piece of Eggpant Envy (also retired) for layering and used the edge punch along one short edge. I also punched the edge of a piece of Pickles DSP and then adhered those two together. Next I stamped with Eggplant Envy and More Mustard a couple of different flowers from Petal Pizzaz on Whisper White to make a floral background and then layered it on a piece of More Mustard. My apologies on the photo- I know it looks more yellow than mustardy. The flower layer is adhered over the DSP layer and tied with that ribbon I wanted to use. Finally, I stamped a couple extra flowers in each of the two colors and fastened them together with a brad. A little "thank you" sentiment from Short and Sweet is stamped with Eggplant Envy on Whisper White and layered on Eggplant Envy cardstock. The flowers are mounted with a dimensional.

STAMPS: Petal Pizzaz, Short & Sweet  PAPER: Pale Plum, Eggplant Envy, More Mustard, Whisper White, Pickles (retired) DSP INK: Eggplant Envy, More Mustard  ACCESSORIES: brad, ribbon, dimensional, Lace Emboss Edge Punch (Fiskars)


Thanks for stopping by!

Labels: , ,