Olive 'n Blue Birthday Wishes


Hello! Thanks for stopping by! Today I have a birthday card to share with you. I have been stamping all weekend so I have lots of new stuff to post over the next several days/weeks. Yes, I said weeks! Our weather turned a bit Fall-ish this weekend and my stampin' mojo seemed to be running full speed so I took advantage of it and holed up in my stamp room. I hope you like what I came up with!
Today's card started out with the sketch that I saw earlier this month from Beate Johns. It was part of her double pocket card tutorial, but I converted my layout to a square card and omitted the pockets.
My card is a 5-1/4 x 10-1/2 piece of charcoal/ivory cardstock folded in half. On that I layered three different sized strips of Urban Garden DSP and then tied a piece of Kiwi/Vanilla stain ribbon around the middle. Next, I layered a piece of Very Vanilla just about dead center. The next layer is a slightly smaller piece of Old Olive that  I stamped with the blossom spray from Eastern Blooms in Old Olive. I used my Quickutz nested flowers dies to cut a scalloped circle from Very Vanilla and then sponged the edges with Old Olive. On that I layered a circle and another scalloped circle of two patterns of DSP. The sentiment is stamped with Not Quite Navy on Very Vanilla, punched with the small oval punch and layered on an oval of Old Olive. The large flower from Eastern Blooms is stamped on Vanilla with Not Quite Navy, cut out, and mounted with a glue dot. I pulled the petals up a bit to give it a little dimension and filled the center with little pearls. The butterfly is a little freebie stamp I picked up at the last workshop I attended. I stamped it on Vanilla twice, colored one with a light olive marker and the other with a light turquoise, cut them out, layered them together and used glue dots to adhere them to the card. A trio of pearls dress up the body. Finally, I tucked a trio of little Old Olive punched leaves behind the flower.
STAMPS: Eastern Blooms, On Your Birthday PAPER:  charcoal/ivory cs, very vanilla, old olive, urban garden DSP, INK: not quite navy, old olive  ACCESSORIES: pearls (Crystal Stickers), small and medium oval punches, little leaf punch (MS), nested flowers dies (Quickutz), 1-1/2 circle punch (Marvy), kiwi/vanilla satin ribbon, sponge.
Thanks for looking!


Labels: , , , ,