Happy Birthday Lilacs

Welcome back! As promised, today I have the card that I made for my friend Twyla who celebrated her birthday last Friday. You may recall a similar card that I made earlier this year for her. Well, in a weak moment, I sold it! Terrible right? Well, this will (hopefully) redeem me.
The card base is a 5-1/4 x 10-1/2 piece of Orchid textured cardstock (American Crafts) folded in half. Over that I layered a patchwork of dsp from Cottage Wall. I punched the edges of two of the pieces with my Martha Stewart Arch Lattice punch and then punched two pieces of Whisper White to layer under them so they would show off a little more. Next I tied a piece of ribbon around the middle making sure to keep the knot off to the left side. The next two layers are Old Olive and orchid which I rounded two corners on and also added three 1/2 inch orchid circles to. Silver brads glam up the centers a bit and I used a white gel pen to add little dots all around the edges of the three circles before adhering the layers down with dimensionals. The lilacs were stamped with Lavendar Lace, Old Olive and Certainly Celery on Whisper White and then I added all the little tiny punched flowers. (Punch a Bunch) I just use white glue to do that in a couple of layers and then add my little white dots with a gel pen after it's all dry. For a little extra glitz this time, I also sprinkled glitter over the flowers and just let it stick wherever the glue wasn't dry.
Here's a closeup of the layered flowers.

Finally, I stamped the little tag, punched it with the medium oval punch and then layered it on a scallop oval punch of orchid. A couple more silver brads and dimensionals to mount it to the card and that's it.


As always, thanks for stopping by! Hope to see you here again soon!

STAMPS: Blossoms Abound, Orchid Greetings (Stampendous), Squarely Sentimental (Fiskars) PAPER:  Orchid textured (American Crafts), Old Olive, Whisper White, Cottage Wall DSP  INK: Lavender Lace, Certainly Celery, Old Olive  ACCESSORIES: Punch A Bunch corner flower, 1/2 in circle (EK Success), Silver brads, ribbon, oval scallop punch, medium oval punch, Martha Stewart Arch Lattice punch, corner rounder, white gel pen

Labels: , , , ,