Burgandy Baja Blooms


Hello! Thanks for stopping by. Today I have a card that I put together pretty much out of some odds and ends that I had on my stamp table. Sort of one of those things that came together because I, 1) am terrible about putting my extra paper scraps away and 2) am equally slow about putting my punches away.
Anywhoo, I started with a piece of Cranberry Crisp and another of Soft Sky and went from there. Well, I tried to anyway. It took a bit of experimenting to finally land on a design I didn’t want to hurl directly into the garbage. Sometimes you just have to plow ahead though right? Okay. So I stamped a little dotted circle that I have (Heidi Grace) randomly with Baja Breeze on the Soft Sky card then filled them all in with the single solid flower from Three For You in the same color. I limited this to the top 2/3rds of the card and then used the dotted block and Cranberry Crisp to do a little something different on the bottom. So far I am hating it so I did what anyone would do and went about covering it up. Seriously. The layer we will call the “Saving Grace Layer” came next. I edge punched a piece of Cranberry Crisp with my Lacy Days of Summer punch (Fiskars) and gave the same treatment to a strip of Whisper White. Those two were put together and set in place. Next I stamped randomly with the flower from All About Occasions in Baja Breeze and that little flower from Three For You again in Cranberry on a slightly smaller piece of Whisper White and layered that right over the top of the Cranberry/White punched piece. A little ribbon (Martha Stewart) came next.
MUCH BETTER! Next came the punches. I punched three large flowers (EK Success) from Cranberry Crisp Cardstock and dotted the edges of all the petals with a little glitter gel pan. (Jelly Roll) The Baja Breeze flowers are stamped and punched with another EK Success flower punch and finally the three little flowers from Three For You were stamped and punched. A little sky blue brad in the center of each trio holds them all together and a dimensional pops them up a bit. The very last thing I added was the greeting.(Heidi Grace) It’s stamped on Whisper White and punched with my 1-1/4 circle punch and layered on a 1-1/2 circle of of Cranberry Crisp. I clipped one edge so I could line it up flush with the edge of the card. Whew!

Now, should you want to tackle this lovely...here's the list of what I used. 
Catch you later!
STAMPS: Three For You, All About Occasions, Heidi Grace Tags & Words  PAPER: Cranberry Crisp, Soft Sky, Whisper White  INK: Cranberry Crisp, Baja Breeze  ACCESSORIES: Lacy Days of Summer edge punch (Fiskars), brads, Flower punches (EK Success),1-1/4 and 1-1/2 inch circle punches (Marvy/EK Success), ribbon (Martha Stewart), glitter gel pen (Jelly Roll)


Labels: , ,