Baja Chocolate Birdie

Hello and thanks for stopping by!
Today I have a Thinking of You card to share. I really love the Friends 24-7 set and the new Medallion background stamp is wonderful so I put the two together and whipped up a fairly simple card (construction-wise) that looks far more involved than it really is. This is one of those cards where using lots of layers does all the work for you.
I started with a Very Vanilla card base cut to fit on a quarter sheet of Baja Breeze. I stamped the Medallion in Baja Breeze in the center of the card and the sentiment in Chocolate Chip on the lower right. No layers this time, which sometimes looks a bit flat, but I think it worked out okay. I layered the card with the quarter sheet of Baja Breeze at this point and set them aside. Next I wheeled, the Friendly Words wheel with Chocolate Chip over a 2 inch strip of Very Vanilla and then layered it on Chocolate Chip before I adhered them to the face of the card. I admit, it pained me a bit to cover up that lovely Medallion, but I figured it was bold enough to hold its own! Finally, the bird is stamped with Chocolate Chip on Very Vanilla and then layered on Baja Breeze. I used an Aqua pen to add a little color to the branch and the bird and finished it off with a trio of aqua blue gems.

As always, thanks for looking!

STAMPS: Friends 24-7, Friendly Words wheel, Medallion, Kind and Caring Thoughts  PAPER: Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze  INK: Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip  ACCESSORIES: Crystal Stickers adhesive gems, aqua pen

Labels: , ,