Autumn Oriental Blooms


Hi there! I hope your week is off to a good start! I have to say mine is a definite improvement over last week but that's another story.
Today I have a Fall-ish sort of card to share. I actually made two cards with this layout in different  colors. I'll share the other with you a little later.
It's been a while since I did a gate fold card but they are kinda fun- once you get the scoring figured out.
For this one, I started with a 4-1/4 x 11 piece of Dusty Durango scored at 3 and 8-1/2 inches. I layered a 4 x 2-1/4 piece of Elegant Eggplant on the  smaller of the two sides. Next I stamped the two Very Vanilla panels. One with the branch and the other randomly with the three single flowers from Eastern Blooms. To get the two-tone look on the branch, I first inked it up with Dusty Durango and then used my Soft Suede marker to color in the branches. The combination darkened a bit so it almost looks like chocolate but...well, whaddya gonna do? The random flowers are stamped with Crushed Curry, Dusty Durango and Elegant Eggplant. I tied the ribbon around that piece before I adhered it to the card. I know my photo makes this look really orange, but honestly it really is Dusty Durango and the ribbon is a perfect match to the Elegant Eggplant. So, photography is not my forte...
STAMPS: Eastern Blooms  PAPER: Dusty Durango, Elegant Eggplant, Very Vanilla  INK: Crushed Curry, Dusty Durango, Elegant Eggplant  ACCESSORIES: Soft Suede marker, grosgrain ribbon
Thanks for stopping by!

Labels: , ,