Sunday Stash Challenge 22 - Olive Branch Thanks

Happy Sunday and welcome back! I've had a super busy weekend with both my in-laws and my own mother here visiting. It has been lovely having them all here and of course, we'll be sad to see them all go. Actually, Rich's parents left this morning and mom will go back tomorrow morning sometime so we've already said some goodbyes. Mom is an avid Twins fan so while she's occupied watching the game I snuck down to my stamp room and whipped up this week's sample challenge card.
This week I have some lovely ripe olives as the inspiration. Don't they look wonderful? I wonder what they taste like right off the tree...I swear, half the fun of these challenges is digging up the inspiration photo! I found several a while back to get myself a little ahead of the game but already I'm nearing the end of my photo stash. Better get busy again I guess.

Anyway, here's my sample.
I started with a 5-1/4 x 10-1/2 piece of Bazzil Eggplant folded in half. The next layer is a light olive that I embossed with my Cuttlebug and the Sizzix Ring A Dings embossing plate. A little strip of Baja Breeze that I edge punched with my Fiskars Threading Water punch is tucked under the right edge. A strip of Bazzil Olive is layered with a slightly narrower strip of Urban Garden DSP and paper pierced along one edge. I tied the ribbon (Offray) before I adhered that piece down. The ginko spray from Kind and Caring Thoughts is colored with Old Olive, Elegant Eggplant and light olive (Tombow) markers on Confetti Cream. Note I did a little two-tone action on the leaves. The sentiment was stamped with Elegant Eggplant and then the piece was trimmed up and sponged around the edge with Baja Breeze. I layered it on the Eggplant CS and Baja Breeze leaving the bottom edge a bit long so I could punch it with the Threading Water punch. Two old Olive small ovals were clipped on one end, layered with Eggplant 5/8 inch circles and then punched for the gold brads. I added those to try and bring that oblong shape from the olives into the whole layout.
Stamps-Kind and Caring Thoughts Paper-Bazzil Eggplant, Light Olive, Old Olive, Baja Breeze, Confetti Cream, Urban Garden DSP Ink: Elegant Eggplant, Baja Breeze, Markers-Elegant Eggplant, Old Olive, Light Olive(Tombow) Accessories: Threading Water punch (Fiskars), Sponge, 5/8 inch circle punch (Marvy), Small oval punch, gold brads, paper piercer, ribbon, Sizzix Ring A Dings Sizzix embossing plant


So, now it's your turn and, of course, I have blog candy for one lucky participant! This week I'm giving away a bottle of sunshine! Well, okay...maybe not, but the lemon-scented bath salts (home made of course) smell wonderful and they certainly look sunny!
Play along and you could win!

Here's how you play along: Just upload a project using this week's photo as inspiration to your online blog or gallery. Then leave a link to your project in the Mr. Linky dialog box at the bottom of this post. If you're linking to a blog, please be sure to link directly to the specific post where we can view your project, and not just to your blog. That way everyone who wants to look can get straight to your card. If you upload to online galleries, please also use tag/keyword SUSC22.
Deadline:Entries should be in by 8PM CT on Sunday, August, 23rd.
Thanks so much for stopping by and for playing along! I'll be back tomorrow with the winner for last week's blog candy.

The Mister Linky dialog has now closed for this challenge. If you would still like to submit a card, please include a link to your card in a comment. Thank you!




Labels: , , , ,