Shiny Blue Boots

Good evening! Wow, the weekend just flew right by me. I am sitting here wondering how 24 hours could slide by so fast with so little to show for it other than a couple extra pounds from eating State Fair "on-a stick" all day yesterday, sore feet and a decision to suspend my Sunday Stash Challenges until further notice. The last bit is kinda sad really, because I enjoy doing them, but I'm thinking I need to be a little more creative in generating interest before I go on any further with those. Stay tuned though - I may bring them back again later on if I get enough people asking about it.

For today, I have a Fall-ish sort of card that I actually did several months ago for a card swap and am just now getting it posted. I just love this Branching Out set and those little boots! My pal Twyla -who celebrated her birthday on Friday by the way - thinks they are dorky as all get out, but every once in a while she takes leave of her senses and I have to demonstrate to her how cute they really are... Happy Birthday Twyla! You know I think you're the cat's jammies! Actually, you may be wondering why I 'm not posting her birthday card. Well, I have it ready to go but I am not going to see her until Tuesday and I don't want to spoil the surprise, so you'll just have to stop back to see what I did!
So back to the blue boots. The card base is a soft peach textured cs from American Crafts layered on a darker coral piece. The card is a standard A2. I punched a strip of Whisper White with my Lacy Days of Summer border punch (Fiskars) and layered it with a strip of striped designer paper over the lower part of the card. The tree is stamped on Whisper White with Chocolate Chip, Tangerine Tango and Cameo Coral. I layered it on another piece of the darker coral cs that I left a bit wide on one side. I repeated the border punch treatment on that side just to dress it up a bit. The boots are stamped with Pacific Point, cut out and mounted up on a small dimensional. I coated them with Crystal Effects so they'd be shiny. The little circle of thanks greeting is from a little acrylic Thank You set  from Hero Arts. I think it was a freebie from Archivers. Anyway, I stamped it with Tangerine Tango, punched it out with my 1-1/8 inch punch and layered it on a Pacific Point 1-1/4 inch punched circle. A little blue brad in the center finished it off.

Thanks for stopping by!

Labels: , , , , ,