Sunday Stash Challenge 13 - True Blue Friend

Good evening! I'm finally back after a week of non-stop projects-none of which involved stamping unfortunately-but I have an interesting photo for you to ponder for this week's Sunday Stash Challenge.

We had a nice little dinner last night with some friends after which I blatantly picked their brains for help and ideas for my flower gardens and our two bathroom remodel/repair projects. I'm hoping that dinner made up for putting them to work because Rich and I both thoroughly enjoyed the evening. My photo inspiration for this week came out of part of our conversation from last night about bluebirds. Apparently, Lynn and Johnny have been successful in coaxing the bluebirds to visit their yard. Yes, I am jealous. About all we see in our yard is an occasional cardinal, chickadee and of course, those nasty crows!

Finding a good photo that also included a little background was a little tricky, but I think I finally found a shot I could work with. I pulled the colors out for my sample card because I really don't have much in the way of bird stamps. Here's what I did:

Lot's of cutting, and the color combination is a bit odd, but I figure if it works for the birds, Mother Nature must know what she is doing! I also used up a few brads that I've had for a while and some designer paper that is now retired. (East Coast Prep). Here are the rest of the ingredients:

Stamps: Petal Pizzaz, Punches Three Paper: Charcoal Gray, Really Rust, Pacific Point, Confetti White, East Coast Prep DSP Ink: Pacific Point, Really Rust, Old Olive Accessories: Brads (Making Memories & Pink Hedgehog Paper Crafts), Square Scallop Punch, Dimensionals, 1/8 inch punch

So, now it's your turn!

How do I play along? : Just upload a project using this week's photo as your inspiration to your online blog or gallery. Then leave a link to your project in the Mr. Linky form here. If you're linking to a blog, please be sure to link directly to the specific post where we can view your project, and not just to your blog. That everyone who wants to look can get straight to your card. If you upload to online galleries, please also use tag/keyword SUSC13.
Deadline: The Mr. Linky form will close at 8PM CT on Sunday, June 14th, so all entries need to be in before then. Have fun and thanks for playing along!

The Mister Linky dialog is now closed. If you would still like to play along just include the link to your card in a comment. Thanks for joining in!



Labels: , ,