Little Pots of FlowerSoft

Hello!

Yesterday was my oldest son's birthday - 22 years old already - GASP! We went out to dinner to celebrate and unfortunately, by the time we got home, I was too tuckered to do much. So, this is coming at you a day later than I'd planned. I made this card a little while back right after my order of FlowerSoft came in the mail. This stuff is WAY FUN! I haven't really had a chance to play around with it a whole lot, but I'm happy with how this card turned out. If you're looking for a new way to make 3D flowers, this stuff is perfect! It comes in oodles of colors, both plain and mixed, and a little goes a long way so I probably have enough to last a lifetime!

My card is 5-1/4 square finished. I started with a 5 x 10 inch piece of bright coral textured cardstock from American Crafts folded in half. I adhered that to a 5-1/4 inch square of Rose Red and then covered the face of the card with a square and a strip of Raspberry Tart dsp. The vases, and stems are stamped on Very Vanilla with Regal Rose, Cameo Coral and Old Olive as is the sentiment. The vases are stamped again on another piece of Very Vanilla and cut out. I coated each one with a fairly thick coat of Crystal Effects and set them aside to dry. The stamped Vanilla pieces are layered on slightly larger pieces of Rose Red and then adhered to the card with dimensionals. While I was waiting for the Crystal Effects to dry, I added a dollop of white glue to the flower stems (where I wanted my flowers to be) and added the FlowerSoft. The glue is pretty wet, so I didn't press too hard on the FlowerSoft but I did lightly tap it so it would stick and then I tapped off the excess.

Here's a photo of it close up.

Finally, after my Crystal Effects vases were dry, I adhered them in place with dimensionals and added three rose colored pearls along the right edge.

Thanks for stopping by!

Stamps: Flower Filled, Thinking of You Messages (Hero Arts) Paper: Rose Red, Coral textured (American Crafts), Very Vanilla, Raspberry Tart DSP Ink: Regal Rose, Cameo Coral, Old Olive Accessories: Crystal Effects, FlowerSoft: Sweet Pea, white glue, dimensionals, Pearls (Crystal Stickers)

Labels: , , , ,