Sunday Stash Challenge #9 - Cutting the Rug!

Hello again and welcome back for this week's Sunday Stash Challenge. I'm posting a little early again today because I think my hubby is going to cart me off to the movie theater later to see the Wolverine movie. He and Josh are both anxious to see how much I drool over the guy who plays Gambit. Yes, I admit it, I'm a closet fan of the X-Men characters, and Gambit is my favorite. Something about that Creole/French accent... who knows. Anyway, I wanted to get the new challenge ready for you so you can start thinking about your next dazzling creation!

This week we're "cutting the rug" so to speak. Our inspiration photo is from and email I received from Target this week. They were featuring their woven rugs and this one caught my eye. I love the contrast of black, red and gold and, of course, the flowers.

Here's my sample card. I can't wait to see what you do!

I started with a 6 x 12 piece of black textured cs and folded it in half. I didn't really have any designer paper that fit what I was going for, so I created my own with my True Friend set, a piece of Very Vanilla cs and some Basic Black, Cranberry Crisp and More Mustard ink. I layered that piece on a slightly larger piece of Ruby Red and again on So Saffron. Next I stamped up a piece of dark coral textured cs (American Crafts) with Cranberry Crisp and one of the stamps from the True Friend set. This I layered on So Saffron and Ruby Red and trimmed one edge with a punched lace scallop (Martha Stewart) strip of So Saffron. Before adhering the finished piece to the card with dimensionals, I tied a bit of the last of my black velvet ribbon around it for a little texture change. Note to self: get more of that ribbon. Isn't it gorgeous? Now I needed a little pizzaz so I stamped the biggest flower from True Friend in Basic Black on Very Vanilla plus the circular image from Boho Backgrounds in More Mustard and Cranberry Crisp. These I punched out with circular punches (1-1/8 and 1-1/4 inch) so one would be slightly larger than the other. The little black flowers were punched with the floral punch that matches Looks Like Spring.(Sorry, I can't remember what it's called.) The flowers are layered on the More Mustard circle and held there with a little cranberry brad. Basically I just stacked all the stamped layers together and created the two medallions. The More Mustard layers are mounted up on dimensionals. Finally, I stamped the true friend sentiment with Basic Black on Very Vanilla and layered it on So Saffron and Ruby Red. This piece is mounted on dimensionals too.

Stamps: True Friend, Boho Backgrounds, Paper: Black textured, Ruby Red, So Saffron, Very Vanilla, Dark Coral (American Crafts) Ink: Cranberry Crisp, More Mustard, Basic Black Accessories: 1-1/8 and 1-1/4 inch circle punches, floral punch, cranberry brads, black velvet ribbon, dimensionals, lace scallop punch (Martha Stewart)

Now it's your turn!

How do I play along?: Just upload a project using this week's photo as inspiration to your online blog or gallery. Then leave a link to your project in the Mr. Linky form at the bottom of this post. If you're linking to a blog, please be sure to link directly to the specific post where we can view your project, and not just to your blog. That way everyone who wants to look can get straight to your card. If you upload to online galleries, please also use tag/keyword SUSC09.
Deadline: The Mr. Linky form will close at 8PM CT on Sunday, May 10th, so all entries need to be in before then.


The Mister Linky form is now closed for this challenge. If you would still like to play along please include a link to your card in a comment. Thank you!




Labels: , , , ,