Sunday Stash Challenge #12 - Shabby Chic

Good afternoon & thanks for stopping by! I'm back with a new Sunday Stash Challenge for you and I think you're going to like this one!

A couple of weeks ago, before the Memorial Day weekend, my friend Gretchen helped me to find the inspiration for this week's challenge. I have to remember to use her ideas again, because this one really is fun. She even found the photo for me so, thanks a bunch Gretchen for all your help!


When I saw it, I knew I had to use my Bella Rose DSP and I was happy to find a good use for those metallic filigree flowers (K & Company) that I bought months ago too.

So, here's my card:



I started with a 10-1/2 x 5-1/4 piece of Kiwi Kiss folded in half. Next, I cut a 5 inch square of Pirouette Pink and layered 3 x 4-3/4, 2 x 4-3/4 and pieces of Bella Rose DSP over the top. I lace scallop punched one long edge of a 1-1/4 x 3-3/4 piece of polka dot dsp (also from the Bella Rose pack) and adhered that over the other two where they overlapped. I zig-zag stitched all around the outside edge, sanded the edges a bit to rough them up and then sponged over them with Regal Rose ink. Once I had this piece adhered to the card, I tied a piece of Pirouette Pink striped grosgrain ribbon around the middle. Next I stamped the Mother Theresa verse with Ruby Red on Whisper White and layered it on Pirouette Pink and Kiwi Kiss. I mounted this piece up on dimensionals and added a few pearls to the corners and along the scalloped lace edge of the polka dot dsp. The finishing touch is a little pink and red fleurette and my metal flower. Pretty right? Here's the detail on that cute little flower.


I'm going to be so sad to see all these lovely colors and papers go away next month but I'm stocking up now, I'll tell you!

Stamps: Echoes of Kindness Paper: Kiwi Kiss, Pirouette Pink, Whisper White, Bella Rose DSP Ink: Ruby Red, Regal Rose Accessories: Sponge, Fleurettes, K & Company metal flower, pearls (Crystal Stickers), Pirouette Pink striped grosgrain ribbon, sewing machine, dimensionals

So, now it's your turn!


How do I play along? : Just upload a project using this week's photo as your inspiration to your online blog or gallery. Then leave a link to your project in the Mr. Linky form here. If you're linking to a blog, please be sure to link directly to the specific post where we can view your project, and not just to your blog. That everyone who wants to look can get straight to your card. If you upload to online galleries, please also use tag/keyword SUSC12.

Deadline: The Mr. Linky form will close at 8PM CT on Sunday, June 7th, so all entries need to be in before then.
Have fun!



The Mr. Linky Dialog is now closed. If you would still like to play along, simply post a link to your card in a comment. Thanks for stopping by!

Labels: , , , , , , ,