Sunday Stash Challenge #11 - Show a little Muscle!

Hello & Welcome Back for Sunday Stash Challenge #11!

My apologies if you've been waiting for this today; we got home from our little anniversary day trip to Redwing a little later than planned, and I needed a nap so things sort got delayed.

This week I am going to try to launch a little inspiration for the men in your life. Father’s day is coming up so I’m looking for ideas for cards everywhere I can. I even caught myself looking at towels in the bath department at Target the other day as a possibility for a card!
My inspiration photo captures one of many of the typical things that guys seem to enjoy. In my family, classic muscle cars have always been something to drool over. I have three brothers and at one time or another they were/are all into cars. Come to think of it, my sisters were kinda into them too. Personally, I don’t always understand what all the hype is about but as the youngest of six kids, you learn to just go with the flow, ya know? That’s not to say I don’t think some classic cars are cool – I just think a lot of them are hideously ugly and this is where I get the “are you kidding me???” look and shut up.
Now, the cars in this photo are kinda cool- My brother Bruce would congratulate me on my good sense in recognizing that. (smiles) In any case, I’m thinking there’s a little creative energy to be found here so I can’t wait to see what you do with it.

Here’s my sample card. I went in a rather obvious direction using the Classic Convertibles set I suppose, but I’m happy with how this turned out. Despite the fact that red is my favorite color, I picked the turquoise car out of the lineup and worked around that. I am NOT real thrilled with how my photo turned out. The diamond embossed layer that looks sort of like dark grey leather here is actually that really bright shiny silver metallic paper that I found in my odds and ends paper bin. The design is a diamond patterned Sizzix plate that I ran through my Cuttlebug. I actually had to run it through twice because my first imprint was kinda wimpy so that's why it looks like there's a second set of diamonds. Waddya know! Boo Boo turned into a good thing!

My card is 5-1/4 inches finished. The turquoise card is cut 5 x 10 and folded in half and then layered on a 5-1/4 square piece of charcoal metallic Stardreams cardstock. The silver diamond embossed piece is next. The car is stamped in black Stazon in Whisper White, colored with Tempting Turquoise and a water pen then trimmed and layered on graduated pieces of turquoise and charcoal metallic. The square brads were from my stash-I just turned them on their corners to mimic the diamond pattern. The word DAD and the legend... are stamped and layered just like the car except I put a couple of dimensionals between the turquoise and the charcoal layer. That's it! Now I've flexed my muscles...it's time to flex yours!

Stamps: Classic Convertibles, Fathers Day I - Hampton Arts Paper: turquoise textured (American Crafts), Stardreams charcoal metallic, Silver metallic cs, Whisper White Ink: Stazon Black, Tempting Turquoise Accessories: square brads, Cuttlebug, Sizzix embossing plate-Harlequin, dimensionals

How do I play along? : Just upload a project using this week's photo as your inspiration to your online blog or gallery. Then leave a link to your project in the Mr. Linky form here. If you're linking to a blog, please be sure to link directly to the specific post where we can view your project, and not just to your blog. That everyone who wants to look can get straight to your card. If you upload to online galleries, please also use tag/keyword SUSC11.
Deadline: The Mr. Linky form will close at 8PM CT on Sunday, May 24th, so all entries need to be in before then.


Thanks so much for playing along! Have fun!

The Mr. Linky dialog has now closed. If you would still like to play along with this challenge, just leave a link to your card in a comment.

Labels: , ,