Sunday Stash Challenge #8

Welcome back! Wow, has this ever been a busy week! I got a wild hair last weekend to take some affirmative action in my stamp room and see about organizing all my stuff a little better. I forgot to take a before picture, but believe me the room needed work. I had a couple of friends over yesterday to enjoy the fruits of my labor and I have to say it was pretty gratifying to see their reaction. Now I just have to keep it clean! I did get some photos taken of the after so I'll post those later. For now however, since I am hoping you are actually here because you want to know what this week's challenge is, I'll get on with it.



Here's what I have for you this week. I realized I needed to make a few retirement cards for my stash at work so I went in search of a little retirement/relaxation inspiration. I firmly believe that if you look in the dictionary under "relaxation" there's a picture of a beach chair. Okay, I haven't verified that, but you have to admit this photo screams relaxation, and I certainly wouldn't mind retiring where these chairs are!



For my sample card I went digging through my stash of retired stamp sets and re-discovered this set called Sketches. I don't use it as much as I thought I would but can't bear to part with it either, so this was good exercise for both myself and the stamp set! The DSP is East Coast Prep (also retired). Catching a theme here? Retirement cards, retired supplies? Well, it seemed kinda apropos at the time... anywhoo, I went with another square card this week. The card base is 5-1/4 inches square finished so I started with a 5-1/4 x 10-1/2 inch piece of Baja Breeze CS. I layered it with two pieces of East Coast Prep DSP cut 4x5 and 1-1/4 x 5 inches and then dressed up the overlap with a piece of Baja Breeze double stitched ribbon. The rest is pretty basic. The image and the sentiment are both stamped on Whisper White with Stazon Saddle Brown ink and sponged lightly around the edges with Baja Breeze. I used my water pen and ink pads to color the Sketches image, glittered up the chair and added a few brads for a little extra. Ahhhhh... Time for a Mimosa don'tcha think?

Stamps: Sketches, "Do your own thing" sentiment (Sorry-no clue who makes it: bought it at Walmart ages ago) Paper: Baja Breeze, Whisper White, Tan textured cs (American Crafts), East Coast Prep DSP Ink: Stazon Saddle Brown, Baja Breeze, Groovy Guava, Creamy Caramel Accessories: brads, 2 way glue, dazzling diamonds glitter, baja breeze double stitched ribbon, dimensionals, water pen
So, now it's your turn! Details on how you can participate in this week's challenge are included below. Have fun! I can't wait to see what you do.

How do I play along?: Just upload a project using this week's photo as inspiration to your online blog or gallery. Then leave a link to your project in the Mr. Linky form at the bottom of this post. If you're linking to a blog, please be sure to link directly to the specific post where we can view your project, and not just to your blog. That way everyone who wants to look can get straight to your card. If you upload to online galleries, please also use tag/keyword SUSC08.


Deadline: The Mr. Linky form will close at 8PM CT on Sunday, May 3rd, so all entries need to be in before then.

The Mr. Linky dialog is now closed for this week's challenge. If you are posting after the close of the form, please post your entry link in a comment. Thanks for playing!




Labels: , ,